Let’s re-cap some of the highlights for the year:
- BarMixMaster.com was launched on February 10, 2005... Everything has to start, I'm sometimes asked where "BarMixMaster" came from and the simple answer is that it was the best domain name I could find.
- The start of the Bar Fear category of posts. This section of posts is an attempt to alleviate the fear of walking up to a bar and ordering a good cocktail for the libation novice.
- I was shoot down in flames over the Cocktail Cooler idea. Boy that was stupid. :)
- The start of the Old Stand-By category of posts. This section of posts talks about the long standing families of cocktails.
- I really slammed a Mexican joint. :o
- I dared to asked the question, "If classics aren't ordered very often, should bartenders still be expected to know how to make them?" The Classics
- Probably the one post I got the most positive feedback on was my development of the Standard Cocktail Spectrum. I spent nearly as much time on the graphic for that article as the article itself.
- I reported on the June 2005 Museum of the American Cocktail Seminars held in New Orleans.
- I got all deep and philosophical in... Exceeding Expectations
- I wrote about the all important H2O in... Hey! There is water in my cocktail!
- Gave the ol' how to measure ingredients in... Measuring the Pour
- Then... I ran from a damn hurricane that really messed up our world down here in NOLA. Thanks to the kindness and support to all the cocktailians out there to Save New Orleans Cocktail Hour!
- Talked about how to bottle the fun in... Bottled Cocktails
- The long awaited Manhattan post.
- My new bumper sticker campaign... Nix Sour Mix
Currently the site is receiving 230 unique visitors a day and since its inception has received over 70,000 visitors this year, which I know, is not a huge amount but it's a start.
The site is a #1 hit on Google for most of the post titles. Try it!!!
Overall a great year! I have a lot planned for 2006. Plans which might include the launch of a new mixology resource that I've been a part of... you'll just have to wait and see.
Thanks for reading and don't forget to spread the word about good cocktails.
...the bar mix master has spoken.